Monday, March 26, 2007

"Your Time Is Over"

It's been a long night. Frazzled @ 3 in the morning. At present, my heart is troubled, and in some ways, I'm glad. Why? because it reaffirms the relationship or bond that I was beginning to lose sight of, and feel for. The days remaining are few, but I feel as though there is so much that needs to be done. More importantly, I feel that there is so much more that I could and should have done, but dwelling on what has passed is not an option. As sad as it is, indeed, 'my time is over'. I stand near the end looking back into the past, thinking of multiple scenarios, opportunities, and moments, only to see myself let these times 'pass me by'. This reminded me of something bigger. Thankfully, it reminded me of something much greater.

Here I stand at the end of one chapter in my life, thinking about the moments I've made use of, but also the ones I've neglected. I know I can't go back and change. I can't even go forwards and change because I'm 3 steps from the end. So what is is that has been revealed? This phrase, shared by han, reaffirms the rapid closure of my undergraduate career. Whatever regrets I have, I'll have to live with as a consequence of my actions and behaviour. Feeling this misery and pain has reminded me of how this is all relatable to life - Christian life.

Today, my time is over in that I can not go back and change the choices and decisions I've made. But Praise God for His gracious reminder. This is unfortunately the pain I am feeling now in reflection of 4 years of my life, but it is not the end yet. My time here may be finished, but my time on earth is not over. Now that I know how it feels to look back and regret, I am reminded once again of the need to live each remaining day that I have in my life, to the fullest, God-glorifying moment that I have so what when the day comes that Jesus says to me "your time is over", I can look at Him and honestly say "I've done all that I can do. I have no regrets"

1 Comments:

Blogger Ev said...

way to go syl. that is the attitude i'm sure God is proud of. That is the attitude of humility and the brokeness we all feel from time to time that reminds me of God's grace and his second chances :)

do what you can, and that is all God can expect from you at the end. The opportunities are endless from here on in. So don't waste them!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home