Monday, September 25, 2006

Christian Comfort

What we find comfort in, as Christians, is that of Christ's love - not only shown to us through Christ, himself, but through His followers and believers. Just a brief post now, seeing is how it's almost 1am and I'm sitting along in the SBE still working on my 4th year inequality research proposal due later tonite. Ah, so why the hurry to blog? for fear that I might forget this moment. In 2 ways today, I felt God grace me with His love tonite as I started this night. From one, a friend who knew how much I had to do, how tired I was, and how stressed I must have felt as a TypeA, but for whatever reason couldn't do anything tangible to help, but offer his prayer of support and encouragment for me so I could pull through. To you, I give my thanks. From another, a friend who after knowing where, and what I was doing so late at night got into the car and presented me with a cup of double-double (fyi. a way which I usually don't take my coffee) and a cup of hot chocolate, because she didn't know what I actually drank. lols. To you, I also say thanks. If I learned nothing else this day, I learned this - that as a Christian, a recipient of the greatest love of all, it is not only a duty, but a privilage to express this love to others around us, whether or not we can physically be in their presence to show it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home